Unfortunately, since car insurance isn’t something you buy daily, many people are unfamiliar with the process and are unsure of which questions to ask to give them the best cover at the cheapest rates.
Here is a list of the 5 most common mistakes that people make when choosing a car insurance policy.
- Failure to shop around – Call or visit several companies, or better yet, go with an insurance broker who can recommend the best cover from a wide variety of insurers.
- Not getting enough COVER – it can be very tempting to save money by arranging the bare minimum cover for your vehicle or home, however that can pose negative factors when it comes to an expensive claim. SOLUTION: consultant your broker and they will arrange the best possible cover for you and your pocket!
- Not informing your insurance company of major changes – Ensure to update your personal information with your insurer with regards to any and all changes to your vehicle , home and tracking company
- Not paying your premiums on time – If you fail to pay your insurance premiums on time, you risk having your insurance policy cancelled. Ensure the correct debit date has been provided at all times.
- Not knowing your policy – When you finally decide on an insurance policy, make sure you know exactly what is covered and what is not. This is very important.