Keep your car in the best of conditions by making sure you service it at the right time with a reputable dealer.
To make the most of your services, it helps to know a little bit about what needs to be done :
1. Get quotes : Remember your service book will have all the information you need on what needs to be serviced , so make sure you get quotes done before settling.
2. Ask a friend : word of mouth is the best way to find the best place to get your service done, speak to family and friends
3. Ask for replaced parts : There isn’t much you can do with the parts of your car that have been replaced, but by seeing what has been changed, you’ll know that you’re getting exactly what you paid for.
4. Ask to be consulted : Good mechanics will consult with you before doing any repairs over and above the standard service. But in any case, it’s a good idea to ask that they get the go-ahead from you before proceeding
5. Inspect the car : You’ll need to be fairly clued up on your car if you’re going to inspect all the work is done to it, which isn’t realistic for most people. However, check out what you can before you leave the workshop.
6. Be upfront : If you have a problem with your car, telling the mechanic about it will lessen the time the repairs take. They will also know what to look out for when they’re working on your vehicle, so you’ll get better service.